    SubjectRe: [GIT *] Allow request_firmware() to be satisfied from in-kernel, use it in more drivers.
    Date
    On Tuesday 15 July 2008, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > There are obviously all these kinds of _productive_ questions you can
    > ask. But people seem to be mostly in an unproductive "Mommy, it hurts
    > when I do something stupid" mode.

    Of course, but the main reason I replied in the first place was because
    your "there are no real problems" attitude in this discussion was
    annoying me.

    And even in your first reply to me you basically ignored that fact that at
    least one kernel packaging tool and one that is *part of the kernel tree
    itself* is now broken.

    There *are* real problems and some of them *could* be solved by allowing
    firmware to be compiled into modules. Sure, other solutions are possible
    too and if I actually run into the problems I foresee with dpk-deb you
    can be certain I will try to help solve them.

    But if you want to invite people to hold a productive discussion, it helps
    if you don't completely ignore their concerns out of hand.

      Last update: 2008-07-15 18:51    [W:4.917 / U:0.256 seconds]