    SubjectRe: [stable] Linux

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2008, wrote:
    > so guys (meaning not only Greg but Andrew, Linus, et al.), when will you
    > publicly explain why you're covering up security impact of bugs? and even
    > more importantly, when will you change your policy or bring your process
    > in line with what you declared?

    We went through this discussion a couple of weeks ago, and I had
    absolutely zero interest in explaining it again.

    I personally don't like embargoes. I don't think they work. That means
    that I want to fix things asap. But that also means that there is never a
    time when you can "let people know", except when it's not an issue any
    more, at which point there is no _point_ in letting people know any more.

    So I personally consider security bugs to be just "normal bugs". I don't
    cover them up, but I also don't have any reason what-so-ever to think it's
    a good idea to track them and announce them as something special.

    So there is no "policy". Nor is it likely to change.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-07-15 04:31    [W:0.027 / U:0.644 seconds]