    SubjectRe: current linux-2.6.git: cpusets completely broken

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2008, Dmitry Adamushko wrote:
    > Yes, I agree. And I did _not_ say that the current design is sane. My
    > impression about changes acceptable during a late release cycle was
    > utterly CRAPPY (indeed, it's always better to immediately fix a
    > problem the right way, not just add another patch and pray it doesn't
    > break somewhere else).

    I do agree that since I really want to do 2.6.26 (and I don't think this
    single issue is worth holding anything up for, considering that we do have
    a tested and understood patch - I was worried for a while), for now we'll
    do the minimal thing, and release 2.6.26 with just that.

    I just want the longer-term strategy to be something more understandable
    that doesn't depend on very subtle ordering of various different callback
    functions etc.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-07-13 20:23    [W:0.019 / U:0.436 seconds]