SubjectRe: current linux-2.6.git: cpusets completely broken

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008, Dmitry Adamushko wrote:

> Yes, I agree. And I did _not_ say that the current design is sane. My
> impression about changes acceptable during a late release cycle was
> utterly CRAPPY (indeed, it's always better to immediately fix a
> problem the right way, not just add another patch and pray it doesn't
> break somewhere else).

I do agree that since I really want to do 2.6.26 (and I don't think this
single issue is worth holding anything up for, considering that we do have
a tested and understood patch - I was worried for a while), for now we'll
do the minimal thing, and release 2.6.26 with just that.

I just want the longer-term strategy to be something more understandable
that doesn't depend on very subtle ordering of various different callback
functions etc.

Linus

  Last update: 2008-07-13 20:23    [W:0.060 / U:1.048 seconds]