SubjectRe: current linux-2.6.git: cpusets completely broken

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> This patch almost certainly doesn't work, but let me explain:

Well, I decided to just take the plunge and test it. It WorksForMe(tm), so
it's no _totally_ broken. But I really didn't test it except to see that
it still booted, and I don't use cpusets and never saw the original bug,
of course.

But considering how simple it is, if it works for people as a way to work
around stupid CPU migration issues due to subtle wakeup calls, I'd almost
prefer to really solve this whole issue with that cpu_active_map thing.

It's so simple it should be really _robust_ in the presense of problems
elsewhere (like the whole cpusets scheduling domain mess).

Assuming I didn't do anythign stupid, of course, which is why it would
definitely need much more testing. And especially if Vegard can test it
with the case that oopsed for him due to the bad migration..

Linus

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans