    SubjectRe: [RFT] x86 acpi: normalize segment descriptor register on resume
    Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
    > On Saturday, 12 of July 2008, Andy Lutomirski wrote:
    >> My Lenovo X61s fails to resume if I suspend it from within X, on both
    >> 2.6.26-rc9 and recent wireless-testing. 2.6.26-rc8 is fine, as is
    >> wireless-testing with 4b4f7280 reverted. My in-progress bisect between
    >> -rc8 and -rc9 is also consistent with this being the problem.
    >> The symptom is that, when I push the power button to resume, the hard
    >> drive light turns on, the fan turns on, then the hard drive light turns
    >> off, the sleep light stays on, and the fan keeps running. Sometimes the
    >> battery light will blink off very briefly (1/4 sec, maybe) every few
    >> seconds. The system is locked hard at this point.
    >> I'm using Ubuntu Hardy userspace.
    > Well, that's bad.
    > There is the bugzilla entry at
    > for this bug and you've just confirmed my suspicion that this particular
    > commit is to blame.
    > Can you please see if the appended patch changes anything?

    More correctly:

    If I suspend by typing pm-suspend or echo mem >/sys/power/state, then it
    resumes just fine. If I log in to Gnome and push the suspend button,
    then it does not resume. This seems to be the case with or without your

    -rc8 and -rc9 with the original patch 4b4f7280 resume fine no matter how
    I suspend.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-07-12 22:41    [W:0.019 / U:183.808 seconds]