SubjectRe: ACPI: EC: GPE storm detected, disabling EC GPE
On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 9:27 PM, Alexey Starikovskiy
<astarikovskiy@suse.de> wrote:
> Justin Mattock wrote:
>>
>> Interesting, over here I'm using a Macbook Pro ATI chipset. I'm not
>> experiencing things like missing keys or anything of that nature.
>> but am concerned with what might happen to the hardware in the long
>> run. As for the patches I did apply those,
>> and it did give me a better idea of what is happening., but just to
>> get a right info, when ACPI: EC: gpe storm detected message appears
>> does it disable interrupt mode for that moment and then go back to it
>> original state, or is it once the gpe storm is triggered the interupt
>> mode is disabled until a reboot is performed. from looking at the data
>> from the patches that I used from here it looks like something in the
>> system triggers that message, but then after a few seconds goes back
>> to its original state, until another storm is detected.
>> I don't have a problem with this message if it's triggering and then
>> returning to it's original state until another storm triggers this
>> message again, but I am concerned with the message being triggered,
>> and then the system is stuck in that mode until a reboot.(but if this
>> is O.K. for the system then that's cool too).
>
> If interrupt storm from EC is detected EC interrupt will be disabled
> permanently.
> EC driver then starts to poll hardware for events in half-second interval,
> so it is
> still fully functional, but may be there is going to be impact on power
> consumption, etc.
>
> Regards,
> Alex.

Hmmm, power consumption., well that's not bad, but maybe I should be
concerned with my battery, maybe I should
remove my battery, and use it only if I need be., just to be on the
safe side. (apple already replaced this one for free, without apple
care, so
I don't think they want to do that again.)
regards;

--
Justin P. Mattock

  Last update: 2008-06-08 01:23    [W:0.052 / U:0.072 seconds]