    SubjectRe: linux-next: Tree for June 13: IO APIC breakage on HP nx6325

    > That is certainly true for standard hardware. We have to take
    > responsibility for own bugs, sure. I cannot readily understand why you
    > apparently try to imply hardware vendors do not.

    Sorry Maciej, you're totally off base on that. On consumer hardware
    vendors very rarely fix anything after release of the machine
    and in general users expect Linux to work around any BIOS or
    hardware bugs that happen (especially if it's a regression and worked

    So you either need to provide a workaround for the problem or your
    patches should be reverted.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-06-30 11:27    [W:0.020 / U:2.156 seconds]