    SubjectRE: Kernel marker has no performance impact on ia64.

    > One of my goal is to provide a mechanism that can feed both non-debug
    > and debug information to a generic tracing mechanism to allow
    > system-wide analysis of the kernel, both for production system and
    > kernel debugging.

    I agree with the target.
    I understand there is a person who is the neat paranoiac that it
    doesn't want to leave the code for debugging for a final code. If
    it is a situation in which the code for debugging without united
    interfaces lies scattered, the opinion might be correct.
    It is an effective method only to set up the marker if the code
    for debugging without united interfaces can be appropriately set
    up with the marker.
    I think that the mechanism that can offer both non-debugging and
    debugging information to the generic pursuit mechanism to permit
    the analysis of the entire kernel system in the meaning of
    obtaining dynamic information for a long time not obtained by a
    static necropsy by kdump is indispensable in a mission-critical

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-06-03 08:09    [W:0.022 / U:40.164 seconds]