SubjectSupporting both PCM and HDMI audio
Hi,

I have a video/audio capture card with both PCM analog audio and HDMI
inputs. I've done some homework on the ALSA framework and have some
idea how to capture the analog audio. Basically it's to define a
capture substream in PCM interface. However I'm a little lost on how
to capture HDMI audio under ALSA.

The sound/pci/hda directory has the support of Intel high definition
audio codec. I think this is nothing to do with HDMI audio. Right?

From some old conversations regarding to similar issues in this
mailing list such as this (http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/5/22/170), my
impression is that HDMI audio is just a different format (typically
SNDRV_PCM_FORMAT_S16). It's still the PCM interface that captures the
audio. Is my understanding right?

I really need some direction/advice on this.

TIA.
-XJ.

  Last update: 2008-06-29 07:55    [W:0.032 / U:0.796 seconds]