SubjectRe: [patch 2/3] WATCHDOG: Clean out header of s3c2410_wdt driver.
O> > NAK. This is going to clash with the big pile of changes stuck in the
> > maintainers in queue.
> Then why, as the original driver authour and current maintainer
> do I not get told about this? This isn't the first time I've come
> to apply this sort of thing and find that someone else has slipped
> in an 'trivial' change such as whitespace that breaks an entire
> patch series.

> Do people not bother to check who wrote the driver or who is the
> current maintainer before doing these things?

Yes - and posted patch series to the lists. The entire watchdog tree went
systematically through the cleanup process. Then I've queued a small
series of patches which are a proposed rework of Wim's idea about
changing the API for watchdogs entirely.

It has slipped back out of sight of most people for ages because Wim has
been attending to other things so it has been queued for about 3 weeks.

Alan

  Last update: 2008-06-23 11:43    [W:0.262 / U:0.208 seconds]