SubjectRe: [patch] memory reclaim more efficiently
KOSAKI Motohiro wrote:
> > Hi nagano-san,

Hi Kosaki-san,

> > I have 3 question.
> >
> > 1. Do you have any performance number?

I tested some, but I don't collect data. :-(
I will test again and post results.

> > 2. I think this patch advocate many try_to_free_pages() called is better than
> > one try_to_free_page waste long time. right?
> > and, why do you think so?

I think user process is stopped long time on memory reclaim is not good.
It is enough for user process to reclaim memory is needed. We have kswapd memory
reclaim daemon. I think memory reclaim is kswapd's job.

> > 3. if this patch improve perfomance, I guess DEF_PRIORITY is
> > too small on your machine.
> > if DEF_PRIORITY is proportional to system memory, do your problem are solved?

Your idea is so nice. :-)
IMHO, it is not perfect if reclaimable memory is not on front.

Thanks,
Takenori

  Last update: 2008-06-23 06:57    [W:0.042 / U:0.088 seconds]