    SubjectRe: [2.6.26-rc4] Problems with rt2x00 USB interface on powerpc (fwd)
    Hi, Ivo. Thank you for your reply.

    On Jun 20 2008, Ivo van Doorn wrote:
    > Hi,
    > > Did you receive my earlier message (attached here for reference)? I'm
    > > willing to experiment with the driver a little bit and I hope that the
    > > information that I have provided so far is helpful to chase the reason
    > > why the driver doesn't work on PowerPC.
    > Sorry I have been quite busy with other things.

    I'm terribly sorry for that, since I would like the driver to work with
    the USB stick still in the 2.6.26 release (since that's what some
    distributions will probably use).

    > I have glanced over the register dumps, and there are no obvious
    > endian problems.

    > The reason most registers are different with the 16bits swapped is the way
    > rt2x00 sends the register information through debugfs. rt2500usb only has 16bit
    > registers and the way the information is dumped through debugfs assumes 32bit
    > registers.

    I didn't know that and was surprised. I thought that it would have been
    something easier to fix, then.

    > I will go over the real register differences as soon as possible, but
    > as I said, I am momentarily quite busy with other things. :(

    Thanks anyway. I am willing to help as much as I can.

    Thanks, Rogério Brito.

    Rogério Brito : rbrito@{mackenzie,ime.usp}.br : GPG key 1024D/7C2CAEB8 :
    Projects: : :

      Last update: 2008-06-20 22:01    [W:0.043 / U:21.004 seconds]