SubjectRe: [2.6.26-rc4] Problems with rt2x00 USB interface on powerpc (fwd)
Hi, Ivo. Thank you for your reply.

On Jun 20 2008, Ivo van Doorn wrote:
> Hi,
> > Did you receive my earlier message (attached here for reference)? I'm
> > willing to experiment with the driver a little bit and I hope that the
> > information that I have provided so far is helpful to chase the reason
> > why the driver doesn't work on PowerPC.
> Sorry I have been quite busy with other things.

I'm terribly sorry for that, since I would like the driver to work with
the USB stick still in the 2.6.26 release (since that's what some
distributions will probably use).

> I have glanced over the register dumps, and there are no obvious
> endian problems.

> The reason most registers are different with the 16bits swapped is the way
> rt2x00 sends the register information through debugfs. rt2500usb only has 16bit
> registers and the way the information is dumped through debugfs assumes 32bit
> registers.

I didn't know that and was surprised. I thought that it would have been
something easier to fix, then.

> I will go over the real register differences as soon as possible, but
> as I said, I am momentarily quite busy with other things. :(

Thanks anyway. I am willing to help as much as I can.

Thanks, Rogério Brito.

Rogério Brito : rbrito@{mackenzie,ime.usp}.br : GPG key 1024D/7C2CAEB8 :
Projects: : :

  Last update: 2008-06-20 22:01    [W:0.074 / U:50.972 seconds]