    SubjectRe: [RFC 0/7] [RFC] cramfs: fake write support
    Date
    On Monday 02 June 2008, hooanon05@yahoo.co.jp wrote:
    > I don't want you to call aufs users crazy who are using such policies.
    > By the way, how do you think link(2) or rename(2)? When the source file
    > exists on the lower writable branch, do you think copy-up is the best
    > way? Or do you think all lower branches should be readonly?
    > There is an exception in aufs's branch-select policy. That is
    > link/rename case. When the source file exists on a writable branch, aufs
    > tries link/rename it on that branch in every policy. Do you think it
    > best to do it on the top branch only?

    Yes, I tend to consider the union case identical to the cross-mount
    move or link, so I'd expect the kernel to return errno=EXDEV and user
    space to handle this by doing the appropriate copy/unlink as it does
    for other cases already.

    Arnd <><

      Last update: 2008-06-02 16:17    [W:2.288 / U:0.400 seconds]