Subject[ANNOUNCE] sched: schedtop utility v0.5
Gregory Haskins wrote:
> Gregory Haskins wrote:
>> Hi all scheduler developers,
>> I had an itch to scratch w.r.t. watching the stats in /proc/schedstats,
>> and it appears that the perl scripts referenced in
>> Documentation/scheduler/sched-stats.txt do not support v14 from HEAD so I
>> whipped up a little utility I call "schedtop".
>>
>> This utility will process statistics from /proc/schedstat such that the
>> busiest stats will bubble up to the top. It can alternately be sorted by the
>> largest stat, or by name. Stats can be included or excluded based on reg-ex
>> pattern matching.
>>
>> You can download the tarball here:
>>
>> ftp://ftp.novell.com/dev/ghaskins/schedtop.tar.gz
>>
>> I have also posted it to the opensuse build service for generating RPMS for
>> a handful of 32/64-bit x86 distros for your convenience:
>>
>> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/ghaskins/
>>
>> (Note that the build is still in progress for some of the favors, so if you
>> do not see the flavor you are looking for, check back in a little while)
>>
>> Comments/feedback/bug-fixes welcome!
>>
>> Regards
>> -Greg
>
> Hi All,
> I have posted an update to schedtop (v0.3) which adds /proc/<pid>/schedstats and /proc/<pid>/sched stats to the mix.
>
> Also note that there is a comprehensive filtering mechanism built into all versions of schedtop:
>
> "-i <REGEX>" sets the *include* pattern, and
> "-x <REGEX> sets the *exclude* pattern.
>
> By default, -i is set to allow everything, and -x is set to exclude nothing. A common config for me is to use "-x sched_info" since those sched_info stats seem to always be moving rapidly and can cloud stats that are more interesting (to me, anyway).
>
> Let me know if you have any questions. Comments/feedback are welcome
>
> -Greg

Hi All,
I have released a new version (v0.5) which fixes a compile error on
some platforms (like Mandriva, RHEL, and opensuse-factory) that did not
like the usage of operator/ in boost::filesystem::path code. v0.5 is
now fully supported on all of the original platforms that v0.2 worked on.