Subjectman-pages-3.00 is released
From
Gidday

I've released man-pages-3.00.

This release is now available for download at:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/man-pages
or ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/man-pages

The change of version number reflects a number of current and planned changes
in man-pages. The most notable recent change is that my work on man-pages is
now supported by a fellowship from the Linux Foundation
(http://linux-man-pages.blogspot.com/2008/06/man-page-is-now-supported.html ).

A full list of the changes in this release can be seen at
http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/changelog.html
(blogged at
http://linux-man-pages.blogspot.com/2008/06/man-pages-300-is-released.html )

The most significant change in this release is that the POSIX man-pages
(Sections 0p, 1p, 3p) are now split out into a separate package, which can be
downloaded here:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/man-pages/man-pages-posix/

The split made sense because the POSIX pages are logically separate from the
Linux man pages. (The POSIX pages are simply copies of text from the
POSIX.1-2003 specification, which we have been granted permission to publish
for Linux. The only kinds of updates these pages see are occasional
formatting fixes, and of course updates when new revisions of the standard
appear, such as the next revision due to appear later this year.)

Cheers,

Michael

--
Michael Kerrisk
man-pages onlne: http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/online_pages.html

  Last update: 2008-06-17 13:39    [W:0.026 / U:0.188 seconds]