SubjectRe: Oops report for the week preceding June 16th, 2008

> i have no gripes about the current situation of wireless in linux-next,
> other than it all came 1-2 years too late:

Clearly, you don't have a clue about wireless. I'll admit to being
pissed off by statements like this because I personally spent a lot of
time getting wireless code into shape for merging, and it took a long
time.

If we'd have merged the existing wireless drivers 2 years ago, we would
have (at least) four 802.11 stacks in the kernel now, at least two
legally questionable drivers (the ath5k legal situation would probably
never have been cleared up, acx100 still isn't), no uniform API so it
would be impossible to write userspace support tools etc.

johannes

  Last update: 2008-06-17 21:27    [W:0.143 / U:0.268 seconds]