    From: Ingo Molnar <>
    Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 09:26:58 +0200

    > So since there's no clear bug pattern and no sure reproducability on my
    > side i'd suggest we track this problem separately and "do nothing" right
    > now. I've excluded this warning from my 'is the freshly booted kernel
    > buggy' list of conditions of -tip testing so it's not holding me up.

    I'm going to push the revert through just to be safe and I think it's
    a good idea to do so because all of those defer accept changes should
    be resubmitted as a group for 2.6.27

    > and i can apply any test-patch if that would be helpful - if it does a
    > WARN_ON() i'll notice it. (pure extra debug printks with no stack trace
    > are much harder to notice in automated tests)

    I don't have time to work on your bug, sorry. Someone else will
    have to step forward and help you with it.

    FWIW I don't think your TX timeout problem has anything to do with
    packet ordering. The TX element of the network device is totally
    stateless, but it's hanging under some set of circumstances to the
    point where we timeout and reset the hardware to get it going again.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-06-17 09:41    [W:0.021 / U:38.352 seconds]