SubjectRe: Linux with kvm-intel locks up VMplayer guest is started
On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 15:32:34 +0200
Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:

> * Anthony Liguori <anthony@codemonkey.ws> [2008-06-17 08:16]:
> > VMware is a binary kernel module that's out of kernel. KVM is not
> > misbehaving and the fact that VMware breaks when the KVM module is
> > loaded isn't our problem. If they submitted their code for
> > inclusion in mainline, we could possibly come up with solution for
> > arbitrating who is using VT.
>
> I feared I'd get a response like this. But unless this is a known
> issue in VMware (which I don't think it is), you don't know whether
> it's not a bug in kvm-intel.

So ask vmware. They have source to both parts we don't.

And its a bug in vmware by definition. If the emulator differs from the
real thing then the emulator is at fault. It might well be that the limit
is a genuine technical limit - but its still an emulator fault.

Alan

  Last update: 2008-06-17 17:49    [W:0.061 / U:0.204 seconds]