SubjectRe: 2.6.26-rc5-mm2
On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 18:48:21 +1000
Nick Piggin <> wrote:

> > > The tmpfs PageSwapBacked stuff seems rather broken. For
> > > them write_begin/write_end path, it is filemap.c, not shmem.c,
> > > which allocates the page, so its no wonder it goes bug. Will
> > > try to do more testing without shmem.

Fun, so what does shmem_alloc_page do?

> > rikstuff. Could be that the merge caused a problem?
> Doesn't look like it, but I hadn't followed the changes too closely:
> rather they just need to test loopback over tmpfs.

Does loopback over tmpfs use a different allocation path?

> Is the plan to merge all reclaim changes in a big hit, rather than
> slowly trickle in the different independent changes?

My original plan was to merge them incrementally, but Andrew is
right that we should give the whole set as much testing as

I have done all the cleanups Andrew asked and fixed the bugs
that I found after that merge/cleanup. Your bug is the one
I still need to fix before giving Andrew a whole new set of
split LRU patches to merge.

(afterwards, I will go incremental fixes only - the cleanups
he asked for were just too big to do as incrementals)

All rights reversed.

 \ /
  Last update: 2008-06-11 20:13    [W:0.156 / U:1.692 seconds]