    SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.25.6
    * markus reichelt (ml@mareichelt.de) wrote:
    > * Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@hmh.eng.br> wrote:
    > > On Mon, 09 Jun 2008, Chris Wright wrote:
    > > > We (the -stable team) are announcing the release of the 2.6.25.6
    > > > kernel.
    > > >
    > > > It contains a number of assorted bugfixes all over the tree. Users are
    > > > encouraged to update.
    > >
    > > It also contains at least one security bugfix, as some were quick
    > > to point out in not-so-kind words:
    > >
    > > http://lwn.net/Articles/285438/
    >
    > I agree that security bugfixes should be pointed out more clearly.

    I don't think anybody is disagreeing with that. It's not always
    obvious to bug submitters or fixers what the security implications are.
    While Brad has a good point, esp. w.r.t. the specific cpufreq bug he
    picked out having security implications, it is not true that we are
    actively hiding security bugs. Had I realized there was a security
    issue, I would highlight it in the announce message. In fact, that's
    our standard procedure for -stable.

    thanks,
    -chris

      Last update: 2008-06-10 22:15    [W:0.020 / U:0.376 seconds]