    SubjectRe: ACPI: EC: GPE storm detected, disabling EC GPE
    On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 3:30 PM, Len Brown <> wrote:
    >> Could someone from acpi land please help here?
    > Alexey maintains the EC, and he's supplied 3 patches to test
    > in the bug report. The 3rd is awaiting word from Justin.
    > cheers,
    > -Len
    >> Justin, has this machine always had this problem or is it something
    >> which earlier kernels handled correctly?
    > note that the EC storm detection is new -- so the failure may
    > have simply been different in older kernels -- such as a huge
    > number of ACPI interrupts.
    > cheers,
    > -len

    Hello; O.K. I applied the patch. after rebooting I was still seeing
    this message, also I noticed HAL daemon was taking longer
    to start. when unplugging the A/C adapter with pommed the screen
    wouldn't dim, and under dmesg nothing about the battery.
    when unplugging and plugging in. also with suspend the screen took
    longer than normal to recover. So feeling uncomfortable
    with how this patch was causing the system to react, I reverted back
    just to be safe. After reverting it took a few reboots to bring the
    back to a good state. I'm not sure if this was because of ec.c or not.
    Now before this patch The only chage that I had done was change 5 to
    after a few day's I did notice this message to dissipate. Maybe this
    is just something with a macbook pro, and not other computers, with
    this patch.

    Justin P. Mattock

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-06-10 20:41    [W:0.022 / U:32.488 seconds]