    SubjectRe: Bug in arch/i386/lib/delay.c file, delay_loop function

    > when trying to understand how Bogomips are implemented I have found
    > bug in arch/i386/lib/delay.c file, delay_loop function

    > The function fails for loops > 2^31+1. It because SF is set when dec
    > returns numbers > 2^31
    > The fix is to use jnz instruction instead of jns (and add one decl
    > instruction to the end to have exactly the same number of loops as in
    > original version):

    It is a long time since I have hacked that file, but you should definitely
    make sure that the function is never called with a zero argument. In such
    case, the original version made just a single pass, but your version
    makes 2^32 of them.

    Have a nice fortnight
    Martin `MJ' Mares <>
    Homo homini lupus, frater fratri lupior, bohemus bohemo lupissimus.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-06-01 19:39    [W:0.019 / U:17.880 seconds]