SubjectRe: Bug in arch/i386/lib/delay.c file, delay_loop function
Hi!

> when trying to understand how Bogomips are implemented I have found
> bug in arch/i386/lib/delay.c file, delay_loop function
[...]

> The function fails for loops > 2^31+1. It because SF is set when dec
> returns numbers > 2^31
>
> The fix is to use jnz instruction instead of jns (and add one decl
> instruction to the end to have exactly the same number of loops as in
> original version):

It is a long time since I have hacked that file, but you should definitely
make sure that the function is never called with a zero argument. In such
case, the original version made just a single pass, but your version
makes 2^32 of them.

Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@ucw.cz> http://mj.ucw.cz/
Homo homini lupus, frater fratri lupior, bohemus bohemo lupissimus.

  Last update: 2008-06-01 19:39    [W:0.168 / U:0.384 seconds]