    SubjectRe: Suspend to memory is freezing my machine
    Rafael J. Wysocki pisze:
    > On Sunday, 4 of May 2008, Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
    >> Hello
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    >> With recent 2.6.25 & 2.6.26-rc1 git (around 1 week) I get occasionally
    >> complete freeze of my T61 during suspend. (dual core, 2GB).
    >
    > How reproducible is this?
    >
    >> I'm running kernel with no_console_suspend - but all I can see is
    >> blinking cursor on an empty screen - thus even when I run kernel with
    >> most debug options turned on, I can't pass more details so far. I run
    >> suspend with with SD card in - so maybe some update in the MMC driver
    >> might be responsible for this ?
    >>
    >> Also - I think that option no_console_suspend doens't work correctly -
    >> as many times with suspend I do not see any log message on my console
    >> screen. However sometimes the log is shown.
    >
    > It would be helpful if you could verify if:
    >
    > (1) The problem occurs without no_console_suspend.
    > (2) The problem occurs without the SD card.

    Hi Rafael,

    same problem here, although I was able to resume system (it's basically Intel
    machine) , but it was unusable - I was able to switch between terminals and see
    output from kernel. So there was:
    - Disabling irq #19;
    - some kind of lock spinning on disk:
    IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7 Family) Serial ATA Storage
    Controller IDE (rev 02)
    but I can't provide more output of that lock now - no sign in logs.

    I've made some successful suspend/resume all without sound card active without
    problem. Those appear with sound card active, but I must take closer look - will
    send info later.

    -Jacek

      Last update: 2008-05-04 14:39    [W:3.609 / U:0.228 seconds]