    SubjectRe: nopage mm.h
    On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 3:28 AM, Nick Piggin <npiggin@suse.de> wrote:
    > On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 04:12:49PM +0000, Justin Mattock wrote:

    > > > use .fault instead
    > > >
    > > Hello thanks for the response, I'll have a look into that. The problem
    > > I'm confronted with right now is the module is not going to
    > > install due to it being a non-GPL module. After doing some reading I
    > > was unawre that the kernel was going GPL-only in 2008, so with that in
    > > mind I need to comply with the regulations. So the question I have now
    > > is: Is there a module that is GPL approved that will give me 3D for
    > > the macbook pro. And also recover from suspend?
    >
    > Hopefully the driver vendor should provide an update soon. Otherwise,
    > possibly you could patch back in the .nopage stuff? (It is just a
    > single commit which does nothing but remove nopage, try reverting it).

    Hello; thanks for the info, I did revert the nopage back into the
    kernel, but after all of that, I'm confronted with
    the module not being a GPL-only module `init_pid_ns'.
    I've looked in kernel/pid.c and am noticing EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(init_pid_ns);
    With that in mind I'm more concerned about the module not being
    GPL-only, is this in full enforcement, or just a thaught
    that irritated a bunch of people.
    regards;

    --
    Justin P. Mattock

      Last update: 2008-05-05 05:53    [W:0.043 / U:0.236 seconds]