SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.25 (coretemp reads high temperatures)
On Fri, 02 May 2008, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Actually, just libsensors would, and the local admin can adjust it at
> > will using the config file.
> >
> > Nobody in userspace should be reading hwmon sysfs directly without the
> > use of libsensors. If they are, it is their bug, and it is unsupported
> > AFAIK.
>
> Hmm, that's an interesting ABI design. No, I do not think that's a
> good idea.

That's how it is. The kernel drivers are to attempt to do their best to
give proper readings. But if they don't, the library can apply
arbritary user-configurable adjustments.

I'd rather different attribute names like "raw_temp#" were used when the
adjustment thorugh libsensors is *required*, though.

Henrique Holschuh

  Last update: 2008-05-04 19:45    [W:0.199 / U:0.172 seconds]