SubjectRe: whomto.pl -- finding out whom to send patches to
Vegard Nossum schreef:
> Hi,
>
> I've written this perl script that takes a patch as input and prints the
> authors/committers of the affected lines, using git-blame as the back end.
>
> (The purpose of this is of course to find out whom to send patches to.)
>
> There are some caveats:
>
> - If I've understood correctly, git-blame incremental output doesn't split
> commits when a newer one is found, so we currently possibly take into
> account more than just the last patch to touch a line. This might not be
> a disadvantage, however...
>
> - The patch must apply to the current working tree. I suppose there is
> some way to use the index information in the patch to determine what to
> run git-blame against, but this is currently beyond my git knowledge.
>
> - It's a bit slow, particularly for large files. But doing the same thing
> by hand would be slower, so I suppose it's an overall improvement.
>
> Running this on a random -mm patch, for example
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.26-rc2/2.6.26-rc2-mm1/broken-out/acpi-fix-fadt-parsing.patch
> gives the following output:
>
> $ perl whomto2.pl acpi-fix-fadt-parsing.patch
> Running git-blame on drivers/acpi/tables/tbfadt.c...
>
> To: (Committers)
> 48 Len Brown <len.brown@intel.com>
> Cc: (Authors)
> 44 Bob Moore <robert.moore@intel.com>
> 2 Alexey Starikovskiy <alexey.y.starikovskiy@linux.intel.com>
> 2 Len Brown <len.brown@intel.com>
>
> Maybe this tool can be useful? :-)
>
> (Improvements are of course also welcome.)
>

> Vegard

Based on Linus' script to get the email address of a maintainer, I wrote
this bash script to get
an indication of relevant lists. Maybe you can make use of the part that
parses the
MAINTAINERS file for relevant lists?

---

git log --since="1 year ago" "$@" | sed -n "s/^ .[-a-z]*by: \(.*\) <.*$/\1/p" |
sort | uniq | sort -n -r | while read -r name; do
}" ./MAINTAINERS
done | sort | uniq -c | sort -n -r | while read -r nr list; do
tot=`grep -c "^L:\W*.*$list.*" ./MAINTAINERS`
echo "`expr $nr / \( $tot + 1 \)` $nr $tot $list"
done | sort -r | cut -d " " -f2- | while read -r nr tot list; do
echo -e "$nr/$tot Acks were commited by maintainers of list $list"
done

  Last update: 2008-05-30 11:33    [W:0.084 / U:0.040 seconds]