    SubjectRe: Ingo, no more kconfig patches
    Adrian Bunk <bunk@kernel.org> writes:

    > FB_SGIVW requires X86_VISWS and it's selected automatically.
    >
    > (which is not good if you want a kernel that runs on a PC)

    Not sure what do you mean, it currently seem to "depend" on X86_VISWS:

    config FB_SGIVW
    tristate "SGI Visual Workstation framebuffer support"
    depends on FB && X86_VISWS
    select FB_CFB_FILLRECT
    select FB_CFB_COPYAREA
    select FB_CFB_IMAGEBLIT

    > Why do we have to bother users with the MII option at all?
    >
    > "E1000E=m and TULIP=m but MII=y" works, but it doesn't really make
    > sense.

    (Obviously it assumes both TULIP and E1000E required MII which is not
    exactly the case)

    But it makes a perfect sense, I can have modular drivers for (few)
    hardware devices (just in case I want to rmmod etc) but most of the
    kernel may be not modular. It would be nice if the Kconfig ask me if
    I want to "select" the dependency Y or M, even if there is only one
    way to make "select" dependencies happy (not counting "Y vs "M").
    --
    Krzysztof Halasa

      Last update: 2008-05-04 01:41    [W:0.019 / U:29.752 seconds]