SubjectRe: Oops in mac80211 with 2.6.26-rc3 triggered playing a video
I've been testing .26-rc4 and I haven't had it lock up - yet. It seems
like rc4 is more stable than rc3. It seems to fix some other problems I
was having.

Vegard Nossum wrote:
> Btw, I don't really see what access point association has to do with
> playing a movie, so I'm inclined to believe the patch actually won't
> fix your problem. But that's what the oops was. Perhaps you were
> unlucky and hit a combination of two different issues... We'll see.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Why would a network related oops be
triggered by video playback. It was probably just a coincidence -
hitting two bugs at once! And I think the video playback lockup was due
to something that got fixed in rc4 that Linus mentioned.

Linus Torvalds wrote:
> But most of the changes, as usual, are in drivers, at 60%, with some DRI
> changes leading the way (fixing a number of other regressions, mainly by
> reverting the under-cooked vblank update).

Justin Madru

  Last update: 2008-05-29 19:41    [W:0.045 / U:0.596 seconds]