SubjectRe: Performance Characteristics of All Linux RAIDs (mdadm/bonnie++)

> A very nice bit of work, my only questions is if you ever feel motivated
> to repeat this test, it would be fun to do it with ext3 (or ext4) using
> the stride= parameter. I did limited testing and it really seemed to
> help, but nothing remotely as format as your test.

Speaking about which, it would probably be good to adjust a little how
the filesystem is created and mounted (both in xfs and ext3/4 cases).
E.g. lazy-count=1 is still not the default last time I checked mkfs.xfs.
And even ext4.txt from kernel documentation recommends mounting it with
data=writeback,nobh when doing comparison with metadata journaling
filesystems (the same would go for ext3).

Along with different journal sizes, keeping an eye on stripe &
stripe-width, and other settings that might be of interest.

  Last update: 2008-05-29 08:41    [W:0.182 / U:0.056 seconds]