    > > From: Miklos Szeredi <>
    > >
    > > Rename nfsd specific MAY_* flags to NFSD_MAY_* to make it clear, that
    > > these are not used outside nfsd, and to avoid namespace conflicts with
    > > the VFS.
    > But they _are_ in the same namespace as the VFS ones. This needs to be
    > sorted out by real by understanding what's going on here and either
    > separating this flags out and passing them in a separate argument, or
    > moving them to include/linux/fs.h so it's obvious for anyone adding new
    > flags that they must not collide.

    Neither I think. What's going on is that nfsd has a private set of
    permission flags, and a private permission checking function, which
    incidentally calls the vfs' permission checking function.

    Does it hurt to share the three base MAY_ flags for this purpose? I
    don't think it does, but I'm interested in the nfsd maintainers'

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-05-29 16:05    [W:0.022 / U:24.584 seconds]