    SubjectRe: [Ksummit-2008-discuss] Fixing the Kernel Janitors project
    From
    From: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
    Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 15:51:36 -0700

    > My raw numbers show that the number of individual kernel contributors
    > continues to increase with every release, so this might not be as much
    > of a problem as it's made out to be.

    And even based upon pure observation, I sometimes cannot keep up
    with the patch submissions even if I lock myself up in my office
    for a full straight 12 hours of a day.

    That tells me that we are almost nearing a situation where we have
    more than we need.

    I think this "we need more developers" problem really does not exist
    currently. I see new people appearing all the time, and these are
    the kind of new people we need, those who do useful work and aren't
    in the "whitespace loop".

      Last update: 2008-05-29 08:15    [W:0.020 / U:30.564 seconds]