    SubjectRe: Redzone overwritten with CONFIG_SECURITY
    On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 7:11 PM, Eric Sesterhenn <snakebyte@gmx.de> wrote:
    >> I am currently trying to reproduce this with SLAB as Vegard
    >> suggested for the kmemcheck report. After this I'll retest this
    >> on a fresh tree to make sure it isnt something buggy on my part
    >> and try some older kernels.
    >
    > ok, with CONFIG_SECURITY, SLAB and CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB on the
    > -rc3 based kmemcheck tree enabled i dont get any error.
    > I am currently building a fresh -rc4 (with SLUB) to make
    > sure this is for real, then i'll try that again with SLAB
    > and then start testing older kernels.

    Then it's likely that we corrupt hugetlbfs_inode_cachep because of
    SLUB merging and the real problem is somewhere else. Can you also try
    passing 'slub_nomerge" as a kernel parameter with SLUB?

      Last update: 2008-05-27 20:03    [W:0.028 / U:1.988 seconds]