Subjectquestion about drivers/infiniband/core/cm.c's kobject usage
Hi,

I was working on some changes to the driver core that is cleaning up the
struct class fields, when I ran accross the usage of cm.c and the
infiniband_cm class.

It looks like you are registering "raw" kobjects in this class, chaining
things off of it, as if they were devices.

If so, why not just use struct device in the first place? You are
creating a tree, which on modern distros, userspace will never see as
they are expecting everything to be showing up in /sys/devices/

Entries in /sys/class/*/* now are symlinks into the /sys/devices tree,
showing the representation of everything in one tree, not lots of little
trees all over the place.

So I was curious, was this done on purpose? If so, why? If not, any
objection to me switching it over to be using struct device properly?

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2008-05-22 23:27    [W:0.027 / U:0.696 seconds]