SubjectRe: CFD:
From
From: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 01:50:37 -0700

> On Wed, 21 May 2008 09:34:13 +0100 Al Viro <viro@ZenIV.linux.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > This is a call for discussion for new maillist on vger.
> >
> > List name: linux-wanking@vger.kernel.org
>
> Oh, what a marvellous way to encourage new contributors that was. Thank
> you so much.
>
> For the record: Al speaks only for himself and a lack of expressed
> disagrement from others should not be taken as agreement.
>
> Sheesh.

Al may not have expressed himself the most pleasant way, but I
do agree on some fundamental level with him.

There is way to much useless crap being discussed on this list, and
this is a list where the signal level is of an utmost importance for
the lists usability.

After deleting all of the noise posted here, I'm often too burnt out
to do real work with what's left and just delete that too. :-/
It's worse than the postmaster and list owner mail I process each
day for vger.kernel.org

Wouldn't you like me to instead have the energy left to review some
useful patches?

As one example, coding style is important and has it's place, but some
of these threads get way out of hand. I don't give a flying crap how
people want to tab their code when I have some OOPS reports and bug
fixes to process!

The priorities are often all wrong, and this isn't the place for
inversed prioriries. In that sense Al is totally right on the money.

At times you'd think there wasn't even a kernel newbies list.

  Last update: 2008-05-21 11:21    [W:0.144 / U:0.252 seconds]