SubjectRe: [BISECTED] pata_jmicron: no drives found on post 2.6.25 kernels
Shaohua Li написа:

> On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 01:37 +0300, Plamen Petrov wrote:
>> Hello, folks!
>> After 2.6.26 merge window opened, the optical drives in my
>> computer, hanging off a JMicron controler were not detected
>> by linux any more.
>> Luca Tettamanti reported similar troubles:
>> Its been 20 days, so I decided to bisect.
>> git bisect revealed that commit
>> 7d715a6c1ae5785d00fb9a876b5abdfc43abc44b
>> is the one causing pata_jmicron to fail to detect drives,
>> connected to the JMicron controler on my motherboard.
>> At least in my case, anyway...
>> Changing kernel config to CONFIG_PCIEASPM=n makes the drives
>> attached to the JMicron SATA/PATA controller usable again.
> When you enable this option, did you change any ASPM policy? By default,
> we are using the BIOS setting, so it shouldn't change any thing.

No, I did not change any ASPM policy, mainly because I do not how.

> Also can you please send me the 'lspci -vvvxxxx' output with/without the
> ASPM enabled?

Checkout the attached files. Sorry for the delay - I was away from the
machine in question.

> Thanks,
> Shaohua

Thanks for your time,

Plamen Petrov, network & system administrator
Filial - Silistra
RU "Angel Kantchev"
this message is UTF8 encoded
This message was sent by the mail server
at using the web interface:
E-mail with anything,
regarding the server itself[unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream][unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream]