SubjectRe: LogFS merge
On Fri, 2 May 2008 19:29:07 +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
> Jörn Engel <joern@logfs.org> writes:
> >
> > So should it simmer in -next and -mm for another month? Should it go
> > straight into -linus?
>
> The main criteria for it going to Linus should be if you would really
> trust your data to it now. Would you put your $HOME on it? Merging file
> systems too early can quickly ruin their name and that taint is hard
> to ever get rid again then (e.g. happened to JFS)

Right now I don't, mainly because file creat performance is still too
bad on the devices I can buy and attach to my notebook. But something
like bittorrent would be an excellent testbed where few large files are
created and performance should actually be good enough. Time to eat my
dogfood.

Jörn

--
All art is but imitation of nature.