SubjectRe: Btrfs v0.14 Released
On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 5:52 AM, Chris Mason <chris.mason@oracle.com> wrote:

> > >remove_suid() isn't the only change AppArmor makes to the VFS interface.
> > >It's pretty invasive and requires that dentries are passed with a
> > >companion vfsmount in most cases. Putting #ifdefs around all that code
> > >would make the problem worse, not better.
> >
> > An alternative approach, and IMHO better suited, is to:
> >
> > make -C ${kdir} all I_HAZ_AN_APPARMOR=1
>
> This is better than the current situation (oops without any clues), but I'd
> prefer that people not have to know what apparmor is or if they have it.
> (This isn't a knock on apparmor, I'd just rather take care of it
> automagically).

Chris,

Make is not my forte, but here is a working test to see if apparmor
exists in Ubuntu 8.04.
Maybe have make apply a patch to the btrfs source if this test
succeeds? Does this work in SUSE?

http://www.digitalprognosis.com/opensource/patches/btrfs/lame_apparmor_test_for_btrfs.patch

The symlink from /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build ->
/path/to/kernel/headers/ doesn't exist on CentOS 5.
Even though it is a hack, is this or something like it usable? Or is
this the completely wrong direction?

--
Jeff Schroeder

Don't drink and derive, alcohol and analysis don't mix.
http://www.digitalprognosis.com

  Last update: 2008-05-02 16:17    [W:0.056 / U:0.924 seconds]