SubjectRe: huge gcc 4.1.{0,1} __weak problem
On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 09:18:10AM +0200, Vegard Nossum wrote:
> though these are largely untested with Linux Kernel. Most of them are
> gcc 3.4.5 (this should in theory compile the kernel correctly), though
> I found an e-mail from Ingo saying that you need the -tls versions for
> stackprotector to work correctly. This might be a good time to ask if
> I should be making gcc 4.1.2s instead. I need to recompile in either
> case.

Out of curiosity, are you using the stock gcc/binutils from the FSF,
or one of the distro toolchains? When we were investigating which
compiler/toolchain to use for the LSB Sample Implementation, one of
the comments that I got from folks like Eric Troan from rPath and
others was that out-of-the-box compiler/toolchain had so many bugs,
particularly on non-x86 architectures, that they found they were much
better off using a distro-patched/bug-fixed compiler/toolchain and
treating that as the upstream.

There has been some requests to include cross-compilation
functionality into the LSB Build Environment, so I'd be interested in
seeing how your work has been going, and maybe there's some
opportunity to work together. Is there a mailing list you have for
this project?

- Ted

  Last update: 2008-05-02 15:49    [W:0.066 / U:0.016 seconds]