SubjectRe: Tracking and crediting bug reporters
On 18-05-08 00:53, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 10:35:43AM -0600, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
>> [Operating in delayed response mode, sorry...]
>> Adrian Bunk <> wrote:
>>> In which format do you want data for commits already in 2.6.26?
>> I hadn't thought about trying to backfill data for existing commits;
>> that sounds like a fair amount of work for coverage which could still be
>> somewhat spotty. If you have the data at hand, though, then a simple
>> file of the form
>> commit-id full-name <email>
> How to indicate whether it's a Reported-by or a Bisected-by?

Literal Bisected-by might not make for a very good tag. Bisection is a
way to pin down a bug; just one of them. So say person A reports and
person B says "Hey, I know what that is. Try reverting foo." B then
doesn't fit the tag while the only difference is that B was clever
enough to not need a bisection. So if this is about giving credit;
Tracked-down-by maybe? Something else?