    SubjectRe: NET_SCHED cbq dropping too many packets on a bonding interface
    Kingsley Foreman wrote:
    > i just rolled back the kernel to 2.6.24 and im seeing the same thing,
    >
    > I was using 2.6.22 before and didn't see the problem, txqueuelen on the
    > bond0 interface is 0 (the default)

    That might explain things, although it shouldn't have worked before
    either.

    CBQ creates default pfifo qdiscs for its leaves, these use a limit
    of txqueuelen or 1 if it is zero. So even small bursts will cause
    drops. Do things improve if you set txqueuelen to a larger value
    *before* configuring the qdiscs?

    Another thing is that CBQ on bond will probably not work properly
    at all, it needs a real device since it measures the timing between
    dequeue events for idle time estimation. On software devices this
    doesn't work.

      Last update: 2008-05-15 18:13    [W:0.029 / U:1.920 seconds]