    SubjectRe: Ingo, no more kconfig patches
    On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 04:52:34AM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > * Adrian Bunk <> wrote:
    > > I would really appreciate it if you could send the error message and
    > > the .config but not quick kconfig patches that are often wrong and
    > > that you try to push through the maintainers as you tried here.
    > hey, sorry about invading your turf of trivial patches ;) I dont see it
    > as a problem that the thought process and the initial patch is
    > incomplete and ad-hoc. My preference is to work with people out in the
    > open, even on trivial issues. Dmitry is a capable maintainer who
    > understands his code very well and he'll resist me if i'm full of it.
    > Just like i resisted you when you were full of it. That's what
    > maintainers do, their job is to know their code.
    > And, occasionally, as in this case, i might end up being faced with a
    > bug in the code i maintain ;)

    You completely miss my point.

    You wrongly (and loudly) blamed Dmitry for something you broke yourself.

    And if I hadn't stopped you pointing to what actually was broken you
    might have annoyed Dmitry until he'd have merged your wrong patch.

    I don't claim any knowledge about scheduler or x86 internals, but I
    claim that I might be the person with the second-best understanding
    of our kconfig files.

    And I'd really prefer being able to take some time searching for a
    correct solution over having to quickly defeat the mess you create
    as I had here.

    > Ingo

    "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
    Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-05-01 14:03    [W:0.022 / U:2.480 seconds]