SubjectRe: RFC: starting a kernel-testers group for newbies
Date
Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 00:03:38 -0700 Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
> wrote:
>> I would argue instead that we don't know which bugs to fix first.
>
> How about "a bug which we just added"?

And leave unfixed all the regressions introduced in earlier kernel versions
and known at the time of the release of that version but still present in
the current version? Not to mention all the other bugs reported by users of
recent stable versions?

> One which is repeatable.
> Repeatable by a tester who is prepared to work with us on resolving it.

That can be true for not-so-recently introduced bugs too.

There are so many bugs out there and developers tend to focus on new ones
leaving a lot of others unattended, both important and not so important
ones.

Which ones should someone focus on? Maybe on the ones that someone (helped)
introduce him/herself. Maybe that should even sometimes be prioritized over
introducing new bugs^W^W^Wdoing new development.

  Last update: 2008-05-01 11:19    [W:0.197 / U:0.756 seconds]