SubjectRe: Slow DOWN, please!!!
our mails have crossed each other. Just to follow up in this thread just
in case...

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 11:23:43AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> So when we're looking at improvement suggestions, they should be real
> suggestions that have realistic goals, not just wishes. And they
> shouldn't be the things we *already* do, because then they wouldn't
> be improvements.

as explained in last mail, I think that we're doing that far less than
we used to because of the ease of "Linus, please pull from git://master...".

> In other words: do people have realistic ideas for how to make others
> spend _more_ time looking at patches? And not just _wishing_ people did
> that?

As explained, I have no problem hijacking pull requests asking for 1) code
and 2) review if it's not explicitly stated in the message that it has been
reviewed, or that it is an obvious fix. I have no problem trusting the poster,
he should just care not to lie too often or will get a bad reputation of being
a blatant liar.

The only limit is that if I'm alone doing those raids, I'll quickly get into
all developer's blacklist and nothing will change. *YOU* too have to enforce
this policy.

Willy

  Last update: 2008-05-01 21:01    [W:0.155 / U:0.016 seconds]