    SubjectRe: Slow DOWN, please!!!
    On Thu, 1 May 2008 14:41:05 +0200
    "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@sisk.pl> wrote:

    > The testing is not really a part of the process right now, though.
    > We somehow hope that the kernel will be tested sufficiently before a
    > major release, but we don't measure the testing coverage, for
    > example.

    Well. Take 2.6.25.. we know Fedora shipped it in their alpha's and
    betas (and in rawhide). Those are used by a lot of people; so for me
    that's a whole bunch of coverage right there. Is it perfect? No.
    But in a way it's in the spirit of open source: the people who care
    about a stable release the most (distros) [1], helped us getting this
    tested. The other people on this thread we care greatly at least also
    help us test in general.

    [1] Not trying to say no single person wouldn't care; but a distro
    tends to care more due to the sheer number of users...

      Last update: 2008-05-01 15:09    [W:0.062 / U:29.556 seconds]