SubjectRe: Slow DOWN, please!!!
Date
On Wednesday, 30 of April 2008, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> On Thu, 1 May 2008 13:38:33 +0200
> "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@sisk.pl> wrote:
>
> > BTW, we seem to underestimate testing in this discussion. In fact,
> > the vast majority of kernel bugs are discovered by testing, so
> > perhaps the way to go is to make regular testing of the new code a
> > part of the process.
>
> well.. -rc1 to -rc8 are doing that already, somewhat.

Somewhat.

> Can we do better? Always. The more testing the better, and the more
> testers the better.

The testing is not really a part of the process right now, though. We somehow
hope that the kernel will be tested sufficiently before a major release, but
we don't measure the testing coverage, for example. Of course, that will
involve more work independent of the code writing, but at one point it'll
just become a necessity.

Thanks,
Rafael

  Last update: 2008-05-01 14:43    [W:0.293 / U:8.368 seconds]