    SubjectRe: mutex_unlock
    On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@sisk.pl> wrote:

    > On Wednesday, 9 of April 2008, Justin Mattock wrote:
    > > Hello with testing out git(very cool); my first test was with
    > > 2.6.25-rc8-00194-g4cac04d ran vary smoothly;
    > > then I decided to pull the latest git (2.6.25-rc8-00208-g7180c4c)and
    > > see what I might find.
    > > upon reboot the system starts up giving me this:
    > >
    > > Starting up
    > > Decompressing Linux Done
    > > Booting the kernel
    > > __ <-------blinking
    > >
    > > I waited a few seconds or minutes but nothing;
    > > after reading earlier posts about something with a mutex_unlock maybe
    > > this was what I was experiencing.
    > > when loading a live cd and recompiling the same kernel, I noticed
    > > under kernel hacking;
    > >
    > > RT Mutex debugging
    > > Built in scriptable tester for rt-mutexes
    > > Spinlock and rw-lock debugging
    > > Mutex debugging basic checks
    > > Lock debugging detect incorrect freeing of live locks
    > > Lock debugging prove locking correctness
    > > lock usage statistics
    > > Lock dependency engine debugging
    > > spinlock debugging sleep-inside-spinlock checking
    > > Locking API boot-time self-tests
    > >
    > > With not knowing what I was doing I chose yes to all of these options,
    > > then reboot -f,
    > > The system booted up properly,
    > >
    > > Is there a way where I can find out if this was what was going on?
    > > could this be something different?
    >
    > Hm, interesting.
    >
    > It looks like our locking debugging code may hide some issues ...
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rafael

    Maybe; weird having something like that happen.(maybe it was
    something like what appletouch is doing i.g. could not do mode request
    error. The problem is it very seldom, every X amount of boots) I can
    caused the system to boot properly(hopefully). Also with suspend; I
    update to the latest openGl to see if suspend works, but it seems to
    be worst with the latest release, i.g. a few days ago I update xorg to
    7.3 with sid, suspend would give me a blank screen but no reboot(I
    should of left my mouse on the terminal, then once the blank screen
    shows up issue dmesg > suspend), now with the latest update with
    openGL(today) I receive a blank screen and a reboot.
    Maybe openGl needs to have DRI enabled? in order for this to work...

    --
    Justin P. Mattock

      Last update: 2008-04-09 23:43    [W:0.037 / U:12.396 seconds]