    SubjectRe: suspend issue
    Date
    On Monday, 7 of April 2008, Justin Mattock wrote:
    > Hello; I don't know how to do a git bisect(too much of a noob)
    > regards;

    First, please don't top post. Looking at this message you can see why it
    really doesn't make sense. :-)

    Now, in short, to run a git bisection:

    (1) clone the Linus' tree (see http://linux.yyz.us/git-howto.html#download_first_time)
    (2) from within the kernel source code directory downloaded in (1) run
    $ git bisect start
    $ git bisect bad
    (this will mark the last revision as a failing one)
    (3) If you have already verified that 2.6.24 works correctly, run
    $ git bisect good v2.6.24
    (this will mark the 2.6.24 kernel as a good one)
    (4) as a result of this, git will select a kernel revision between 2.6.24 and
    the most recent one for testing. Compile it, install it and check if it
    works. If it does, run
    $ git bisect good
    Otherwise, run
    $ git bisect bad
    (5) repeat (4) until there's no more revisions to test.

    If you encounter any problems, please ask what to do next.

    Thanks,
    Rafael

    --
    Rafael J. Wysocki, Ph.D.
    Institute of Theoretical Physics

      Last update: 2008-04-07 11:41    [W:0.024 / U:0.448 seconds]