    SubjectRe: [TOMOYO #7 30/30] Hooks for SAKURA and TOMOYO.
    Date
    On Friday 04 April 2008 8:23:12 am Tetsuo Handa wrote:
    > This file contains modifications against kernel source code
    > needed to use TOMOYO Linux 1.6.
    >
    > Although LSM hooks are provided for performing access control,
    > TOMOYO Linux 1.6 doesn't use LSM because of the following reasons.

    Hello,

    I understand your frustration with the existing LSM hooks/API and your
    reasoning for abandoning LSM in favor of a new set of hooks, however, I
    think this sets a dangerous precedence which could result in an
    abundance of security related hooks scattered throughout the kernel. I
    would much rather see the LSM API extended/tweaked to support the needs
    of SAKURA and TOMOYO than ignored and duplicated; I suspect several
    others will say the same.

    You have made good progress with TOMOYO so far and if I can remember
    correctly you really only have one hurdle left, the VFS portion.
    Please continue to seek a solution to this that fits within the LSM
    framework.

    Thank you.

    --
    paul moore
    linux @ hp

      Last update: 2008-04-07 17:43    [W:0.029 / U:0.032 seconds]