SubjectRe: [patch, -git] input: CONFIG_INPUT_APANEL build fix
On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 12:38:29AM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> * Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > i'm not suggesting this is your fault in any way - but nevertheless
> > > many other subsystems have to deal with the same Kconfig issues and
> > > they manage to limp along.
> >
> > I believe I see a steady stream of breakage for leds dependencies from
> > all subsystems.
>
> they limp along by adding "depends on NEW_LEDS". 99% of the users will
> use some pre-cooked distro kernel where all these options are turned on,
> so the flattening and coupling of the dependencies is not a real issue
> in practice.

You still did not answer to the main question - do you think we should
revert the commit that actually introduced breakage in the sense that
anything depending on LEDS_CLASS should also add NEW_LEDS dependancy?
That will take care of the problem (as far as LEDs are concerned) for
_all_ subsystems and drivers at once.

--
Dmitry

  Last update: 2008-05-01 00:49    [W:0.091 / U:0.128 seconds]