    SubjectRe: ASUS ScreenDuo
    On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 04:58:03PM -0400, Bob Copeland wrote:
    > If you have a friend with this device and windows, you might be able to
    > capture the initialization sequence using usbsnoopy or something similar.
    > Some devices just need a little proprietary poke before they become a normal
    > USB device.

    Well apparently vista expects the device to support running programs
    written in .NET Micro Framework. Maybe that is some JVM like thingy. I
    am not sure what Microsoft means by "Managed Code". Since it seems to
    be architecture independant I imagine it is similar to java byte code or
    something similar.

    Perhaps vista writes the firmware/OS to the mass storage device and they
    talks to it after that. Is there such a thing as a write only usb mass
    storage device?

    Len Sorensen

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-04-03 23:27    [W:0.021 / U:35.744 seconds]